In August 2016, Air Force Chief of Staff (CSAF) General David Goldfein, released his letter to Airmen titled, "The Beating Heart of the Air Force...Squadrons!"
In turn, AFSVA was asked to establish an activity rich program that would equip empowered Squadron/Unit commanders with options to facilitate unit cohesion.
Unite provides Commanders with funding to initiate programs that will benefit all Airmen in their unit. This includes assigned Active Duty and APF/NAF Civilians.
*Family members are welcome to participate, but they must pay any associated fees.
The installation C3 can confirm your allocation and will make payments on your behalf. Final attendance count is due 72 hours prior to your ON-BASE event and will be used to invoice meals planned at FSS facilities. Off-base attendance requirements may differ.
$5/person NAF: Food and beverage expenses
$13.50/person APF: Recreational expenses
RECREATION FUNDS (APF)
May be used on equipment rentals, program supplies, decorations*, and entertainment.
*Cannot exceed 10% of event cost.
FOOD & BEVERAGE FUNDS (NAF)
Must be used in conjunction with a Unite event.
One beverage limit per meal. No alcohol.
- Unite is NOT a food & beverage program
- Events must be recreational and cohesive to utilize funding
- Unite funds CAN'T be combined with other NAFs or APFs
- Funds from non-Federal entities such as Booster Clubs may be used
- Lodging or transportation
- Equipment (rentals allowed)
- Prizes, giveaways or promo items
- Porta-Johns, trash services, damages, or cleaning fees
- Holiday parties
- End of year events
- Balls or banquets
- Dining in/Dining outs
- Squadron trainings or meetings
- Base wide special events
- Movies, concerts, mystery theater, or amusement parks
RTE Programs Designed by The 460 FSS to Fit Your Budget!
Test your strength and mental fortitude on the Alpha Warrior rig located in the Fitness Center's aerobic room.
Mobile Team Challenge
Fun, team building activities will test your problem-solving abilities, adaptability, and communication skills!
Get blasted with color, chased by zombies, or attacked by villains in a themed 5k this summer!
Live Stage Events
Provide your unit with VIP seating and refreshments at the next Air Force Entertainment Live Stage Event.
**More RTE programs are available through your C3
Types of Events
1. Ready to Execute (RTE): RTE programs are pre-approved and easy to implement. They keep funds on the installation and should be considered first. Options below.
2. Unit Driven: You have the freedom to design an event unique to your squadron on or off of the installation. Unit driven events require your Commander's signature and approval from the AF Services Activity which may take up to 30 days.
3. Volunteer Events: Free & volunteer events are automatically approved.
Hosting Your First Unite Event
1. Complete the POC Appointment Letter: Squadron Commanders, please complete the APPOINTMENT LETTER and email it to email@example.com
2. Event Proposal: Meet with your installation C3 to discuss your objectives, event ideas, and to complete the EVENT PROPOSAL FORM.
AFSVA event approval may take up to 30 days.
3. Have Fun at Your Event!
4. Submit After Action Report: We are relying on you to provide detailed after-action information to improve the program.
Community Cohesion Coordinator: